LCSW, LISAC, CSAT Supervisor
Therapy ~ EMDR ~
Guidelines for SANE Living
- Strike a balance abetween work and play –
between seriousness and laughter. Go to a spiritual gathering
regularly, and also to a ball game.
- Stick with the truth and be honest, even
when you feel some guilt or shame. Falsehoods are like wandering ghosts.
- Forgive your enemies as part of the price
you pay for the privilege of being forgiven. Realize you are sometimes
a pain in the neck yourself.
- Walk. Get lots of air and sunshine, and
occasionally get some rain or snow in your face, or some dirt on your
- Talk through your troubles and mistakes
with someone you trust – and your dreams, too.
- Don’t underestimate the abiity of your
Higher Power / God to straighten out a situation even when you cannot,
and give the Universe a little time!
- Disciminate among your fears. Learn to tell
which ones are useful and which ones are destructive.
- Remember that the ultimate death rate is
still 100%. You would be getting short-changed if everyone got to die
and you didn’t.
- When you can’t sleep, say, “Aha! Here’s a
chance for a little privacy and creative thinking. All day I’ve been
too busy to pray and now I can get around to writing that gratitude
- Fall in love with life – with children,
people older than you, middle-agers, sports cars, the theater, music,
books, cities, hills, the sea and the world – with everything except
“Guidelines for Sane Living” by James Angel
Arizona Biltmore Circle | Bldg.
4, Ste. 2430
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Scottsdale, Cave Creek, Mesa, Tempe, Chandler, Glendale, Surprise,
emergency ALWAYS call 911 first.